Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Baby Wienert update.

Well, I am 18.5 weeks today. Time is actually flying. I know they say that the time goes by quickly for everyone except the one who is pregnant...but when I look back and realize that I am almost half-way finished with this pregnancy, I realize that things are moving rapidly now.

Except for last night, when instead of thinking, "Wow, I'm half way through," my attitude was more, "I am not even half-way through???" It really just depends on the day and time. Some times I feel wonderfully and look down at my belly and think, "Wow...life exists inside of me!" Other times, I'm too tired to walk, my back hurts, my stomach hurts, and I think, "Ok...21 more weeks...I can do this..."

But...all I know is...it will all be worth it. I have nightly dreams about our child and I wake up already in love with her/him. How is it possible to love someone that you've never met? Six months ago, if someone asked, "Do you believe you can love someone that you don't yet know?" I would say "Of course not." Today, my answer would be "Absolutely!"

And I can't help but correlating my love for this unborn child to God's love for us. The same miracle that goes on inside a mother's heart happens with God...except His love is even more perfect and even more magnified! If nothing else, pregnancy has helped me realize His love for me. I can only imagine that feeling will get stronger when I actually meet our child and see his/her face.

Well, in 8 days, Nate and I will know the gender of our baby! I really could care less if it is a boy or a girl, as long as he or she is healthy! It will just be nice to know so we can finally start preparing a nursery, shopping, and planning!

Until then...

No comments: