Friday, May 7, 2010

Trust.

I always thought that surviving infertility took the most trust in God that I would ever need. And it does take a lot...but let me tell you what else I've discovered takes mega trust in God: being less than 5 weeks pregnant, not necessarily "feeling" pregnant, and hearing tons of horror stories about miscarriage.

On a daily basis, I: #1) praise God for this amazzzzzzzing gift, #2) pray a prayer of protection over "baby bean" (or "speckle"), and #3) pray for faith in His will. I truly, truly believe that God did not give "baby bean" to us as a tease...that this is truly a gift. An 11th hour gift from Him. And what an amazing gift it is!! However, the doubts continue to seap in.

But five pregnancy tests and two blood tests later...I am still pregnant with this miraculous creation! God is soooooo good!!!

By the way, I had a second round of blood work done on Monday. It showed that my HCG levels increased from 144 (on Friday) to 597 (on Monday). Which is awesome and definitely good news!!

The ultrasound is in less than two weeks and it cannot come soon enough.


Until then...

1 comment:

Mandy Smith said...

I am so bubbled over with happiness for you.