Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Best [0-6 months].

Looking back over the last 5+ months, I realize that some of the items we thought we "needed" were a complete waste, while others were/are a complete necessity for survival. Here is my personal list of "useful" baby products (so far).

Bouncy seat: We actually never registered for one, because I thought the swing would be sufficient. WRONG. Here's the best part of a bouncy seat...it's lightweight and can move from room-to-room. So, when you need a shower, but your baby won't be content more than 5 feet away from you....bouncy seat!!

Baby carrier/sling: I am so thankful that someone generously donated a Baby Bjorn to me. From the time Ford was 6 weeks old, we carried him around in that thing, because he hated (I mean, HATED) his stroller or carseat carrier. Later on, a friend introduced me to the Baby K'tan, and that too is amazing. I suggest both these carriers/slings. They helped me go grocery shopping, go on walks, and just be able to be at home while being hands-free.

Muslin wraps: These things are awesome. Thanks to my sister-in-law, Romina, for gifting us a package of them!!...they are wonderful for swaddling. The material is lightweight and stretchy. It makes swaddling a breeze! (Side note: I totally recommend swaddling a newborn. It makes them feel secure and comfy!) http://www.adenandanais.com/shop/swaddles.aspx

Food processor: I use my food processor on a regular basis for babyfood-making. It's a breeze! If you're interested in trying to make your own baby food, check out this website: http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/

Onesies with built-in mitts: When Ford was first born, he kept his hands near his face constantly. This meant that he was continually scratching his face up. Most of the mitts do not stay on (although SOME do), so the best solution for us was to keep him in long-sleeved onsies with built-in mitts. Brilliant.

Boppy pillow: My boppy pillow came in handy sooooo many times. Quick uses...nursing, holding at night, children holding, propping baby up, giving baby tummy time, helping baby sit up. Well worth the $30. We still use it daily.

Baby Einstein: Judge me not. Baby Einstein kept (kept?...heck, keeps!) me sane. It is simple enough not to overwhelm, but colorful enough to keep their attention. Who couldn't use 24 minutes to do the dishes, do the laundry, or check facebook? :)

Ju Ju Be Packabe: This diaper bag was a gift from Nate (and Ford) for Mother's Day. It is awesome. It converts from a messenger bag to a backpack. It is very generous with space, has insulated cup holders, a changing pad, and lots of pockets. It is so useful, I LOVE it.

That completes my list, so far. I thought that before time got away from me, I should get this all out. How quickly things change and how quickly I forget as we enter a new stage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

However, despіte all the warning and dangers, рeople cоntinue tο use the puгe green coffee beаn
еxtract reviews to rеmаin іn shарe.

Bοth RachelRay and a spokesman for Opгah Winfrey filedsworn statementswith
the FTC, allegіng that the соmρаny had falsifieԁ еndorsements.
Fіnding the best puгe greеn coffee beаn eхtract reviеws evеr.


Also visit my web site :: Wegreencoffeebeanextract.net

Anonymous said...

Drug manufaсtuгers are busу launching ρurе green
coffee bean еxtract 800 mg evеry оther day and moѕt of the drugs and raise
an alarm if some dгugs are found to be
аn effectivе ωay to ѕtimulate weight loss.
It is vital to hаve a pill that burns the ѕurplus glucoѕe in уouг system that burns extra calories in thе body
attаck the tissue membгanes and can cause stroke, blood pressure anԁ diabetеs.


my ωeb page: pure green coffee extract