Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Time

Nate and I went on vacation last week. It was glorious. By the end of the week, we were not aware of what time of the day it was because we were on no one's schedule but our own. Who cares if we went to bed at 1am, because we could sleep in if we wanted, or get up if we wanted. *Sigh* But back to work we go. Everything seems to be time-oriented in the real world. I am so acutely aware of the time that it dictates what I do and how I feel about doing it. I go to sleep by 10:30pm, because I have to wake up by 6:30am because I have to be at work by 7:30am and I eat snacks every two hours, then leave work at 4:30pm, then do cardio at the gym for 50-60 minutes, then leave the gym by 6:00pm, to get home in time to shower, eat dinner, take care of the dogs and spend time with my husband before (what do you know?) it is 10:30pm again. Such is life.

And speaking of time, it seems time has taken it's toll on Drake (our shih-tzu). He is approximately 10 years old now and arthritis has set in his body. He is slowly becoming more and more drained, laying down more often and not running around nearly as much. It seems his body is turning on him and it is extremely hard to watch. We now have him on some medicine and we are praying that helps him be more comfortable VERY soon.

Time is a funny thing. We do not really know how much of it we have, but yet we spend most of it waiting for the next hour to come. I long to worry more about just enjoying the time I have than worry about the time of day it is.

2 comments:

Dana said...

I especially love this line...We do not really know how much of it we have, but yet we spend most of it waiting for the next hour to come. Great post, Amber!

Amy Fitz said...

Sister, you stole my new favorite word...glorious! :) Glad you had a good vacation. It is nice to get away and have that time to re-focus on re-fresh. Love ya. ~Amy